My Blog List

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yep - I'm Still Here! :)

Wow - cannot believe I have not posted since March!!!!  It is certainly not due to a lack of interest in blogging, but rather, a change in the focus of my life.

Several weeks after my last post, my mother became acutely ill, both mentally and physically.  The past 5.5 months have been a rollercoaster ride of emotions and a flurry of new activity, as I tried to make sense of the "new normal" of our life.  Caring for and supporting my mother during what is likely her final months, have definitely taken their toll on my creative juices, and hence, no posting on this blog.  I have been writing daily, but it has been on my mother's Caring Bridge blog, with the purpose of trying to make sense of it all, and also a desire to keep family and friends updated as to her condition.   

Now, on to the latest Wonder . . . . .

For the past few evenings in a row, we have a seen a very large white water bird sitting on the bank of the creek that runs through our front yard.  We regularly have Canada Geese drop in, as well as hawks,  buzzards, and other large birds.  However, this one is pretty special.  The picture quality is not too good, unfortunately.  I was reluctant to get too close and risk scaring the bird away, so I had to rely on my camera's digital zoom, which is pretty dependent on my holding the camera VERY still to result in a clear image.  At any rate, what you'll see in "blurry vision" below is our lovely friend the crane.  Because he/she has been in the exact same spot each evening, we are guessing that he/she has a nest (or perhaps a family!) nearby.  More on this story as it develops . . . .


Yours in Wonder,
Sue

No comments: